Created in 2010 with the support of SACEM and CNC, the International Market for Film Music Composition – 3rd character will be hold on March 30 – 31, 2023 during the Festival International Music & Cinema Marseille (MCM) (March 27 – April 1, 2023).
This market brings together producers, directors and composers around international projects – short films, features and TV series - all looking for a composer to create the original score of their film.
It offers the best conditions for directors, producers and composers to associate original music to a cinematographic project.
The market is organized on the basis of a call for projects: short films, features and TV series, French and International, as well as an application dedicated to composers.
The duo producer/director will choose a project – short film, feature or TV series – that he is assured to produce. Once month prior to the MCM, the script and the musical statement of intent will both be sent to the composers selected to participate to the market./p>
In the course of the Festival, producers and directors will meet with each composer over an individual interview and evaluate the artistic qualities of each of their musical project. Composers need to stand up for their creations and convince the duets to collaborate. At the end of these meetings, it is up to each duo to consider a future collaboration with one of the composers.
Each duo producer/director will meet 5 composers (max). Meetings will each last a maximum of 1h30. Meetings will be hold on Thursday 30th and Friday 31st of March, 2023.
Duets producers/directors wishing to participate must apply by sending the followed elements :
1. Completed et signed Form
3. Synopsis (180 characters max. spaces included)
4. Director’s statement of intent
5. Musical statement of intent
6. Director’s résumé
7. Résumé/filmography of the production company
8. Director’s biography : 300 characters max. spaces included, in Word or Open office format (PDF excluded)
9. Producer’s biography : 300 characters max. spaces included, in Word or Open office format (PDF excluded)
10. Director’s portrait photo – vertical layout, 3000px minimum
11. Producer portrait photo – vertical layout, 3000px minimum
All documents must be sent by email, to the following address:
For more information, please contact Samya Papasoff : +33 4 42 18 92 10 /
|Download inscription form|